Records in this category
- What is Conversion Tracking?
- How to get started with 7Search Conversion Tracking?
- The conversion code was installed and has been verified. Why are the reports not showing any information?
- On which pages should I install the conversion code?
- Why does my tracking show a different total number of clicks than my 7Search stats?
- How do I count conversions when my visitors click on links?
- Conversion Tracking 101: What, Where, & How?
- Can I Use the Conversion Code on More Than One Page?
- Why Can't I Verify The Code?
Why does my tracking show a different total number of clicks than my 7Search stats?
Click Discrepancies between 7Search dashboard & Google Analytics
Some common issues that can lead to discrepancies in "click" totals are:
- Web pages that do not fully load when clicked by a 7Search visitor
- Java based tracking analytics, like Google Analytics
- Differences in “click” counting requirements which are unique to a program. This link will provide you with more information: http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/blog/2008/02/16/accuracy-whitepaper/
For example, if a 7search surfer is redirected to your web site and
the page does not fully load, a click will register in your 7Search account. It
may not, however, be tallied by your analytics package.
Advertisers who use Java based conversion tracking analytics may experience different "click" totals than what is reported in their 7Search stats. The accuracy of the data provided by a Java-based tracking program can be affected by the settings of the visitors to their website. Visitors who have Java disabled on their computer also will not register as a "click" in java based analytics.
PPC Analytic programs may also utilize different criteria, including a “time on site” or “2 click” model for counting clicks which can cause totals to differ from 7Search. 7Search "clicks" are parsed by our system with no other scripts, including Java, involved. They are registered at the moment the click occurs regardless of the factors presented above.
Please understand that the only way you can verify that a click did reach your site is by checking your raw server logs (not data from a third party analytics package, such as Google Analytics). It may be possible that these clicks are reaching your site, but are not being tracked by your analytics.
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click Fraud?
- How do I modify my default URL information?
- Why do I need an Authorization Form?
- How do I Update Bids on Existing Keywords?
- How much does it cost to open an account?
47541/13%Last update: 2013-09-18 20:37
Author: 7Search Client Support
You cannot comment on this entry