- 7Search Advertising Rules and Guidelines (182026 views)
- What are the three different keyword matching options? (106179 views)
- What is a Top Bid / SmartBid™? (89736 views)
- 7Search Affiliate Program Rules and Guidelines (83963 views)
- What is the ###KEYWORD### variable? How can I use ... (82597 views)
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click ... (70269 views)
- What is the Campaign Daily Budget and why is ... (68181 views)
- How to remove all sites listed in the Restricted ... (65387 views)
- How do I change bid prices on existing keywords? ... (59818 views)
- What are Impressions? (54979 views)
- What is the “Default Ad Title” and Why is ... (2015-07-14 21:13)
- I cannot login. What do I do? (2015-07-13 17:47)
- Why Can't I Verify The Code? (2015-07-01 16:47)
- 7Search Affiliate Program Rules and Guidelines (2015-04-29 16:06)
- What is this New “Visibility” Column in my PPC ... (2014-11-19 15:50)
What is a Negative Keyword?
7Search advertisers have an option to match keywords using “Broad”, “Phrase”, and "Exact" matching. Negative keywords help prevent your ad from appearing for search terms that are unrelated to your website. To help you identify which negative keywords to add to your account, the Detailed Keyword Report contains the original searched keyword that resulted in the click.
For example: If your ad sells new plasma tvs and you have specified "plasma tv" as a keyword, by specifying "used" as a negative keyword you can prevent your ad from being shown when searches are made on "used plasma tv".
You can specify negative keywords at the following levels:
- Account Level - Negative keywords will apply to all campaigns within your advertising account. For example, if none of your campaigns promote "free" products, you can add the negative keyword "free" at the Account Level and it will apply to all of your campaigns.
- Campaign Level - Negative keywords will apply only to the campaign in which they are specified.
Limits - In order for the 7Search system to be able to deliver ads within fractions of a second, advertisers will have a limit of 100 negative keywords per account and 100 negative keywords per each campaign.
Additionally, when a search is made on a longer search phrase (typically more than 4 - 5 words), the negative keyword function may be unable to check each of the words in the phrase against the negative keyword list. This, however, should happen very infrequently.
You can define your negative keywords by clicking on the "Negative Keywords" link in the blue bar on the Campaigns tab.
*Note* on Negative keywords & Click-Free (cf) keywords - Negative keywords apply only when a [keyword] search has been performed. Since cf keywords are based on direct links and are NOT search based, their results are not affected by negative keywords.
Tags: negative keywords
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click Fraud?
- Why is my advertiser account ON HOLD?
- What Type of Keywords will be Mapped?
- How do I modify my default URL information?
- Why do I need an Authorization Form?
30380/16%Last update: 2013-03-19 20:05
Author: 7Search Client Support
You cannot comment on this entry