- 7Search Advertising Rules and Guidelines (204688 views)
- What Are The Available Match Types? (128097 views)
- I cannot login. What do I do? (119526 views)
- What is the Network Bid? (110379 views)
- What is the ###KEYWORD### variable? How can I use ... (103815 views)
- 7Search Affiliate Program Rules and Guidelines (101740 views)
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click ... (93242 views)
- What is the Campaign Daily Budget and why is ... (88434 views)
- How to remove all sites listed in the Restricted ... (86631 views)
- How do I change bid prices on existing keywords? ... (80802 views)
- What Are The Available Match Types? (2016-03-14 21:26)
- What is the Network Bid? (2016-03-14 19:55)
- How can I use custom URLs, Titles, and Descriptions ... (2016-03-14 19:33)
- Conversion Tracking 101: What, Where, & How? (2016-03-14 19:22)
- What are Impressions? (2016-03-14 19:05)
What is a Negative Keyword?
7Search advertisers have an option to match keywords using “Broad”, “Phrase”, and "Exact" matching. Negative keywords help prevent your ad from appearing for search terms that are unrelated to your website. To help you identify which negative keywords to add to your account, the Detailed Keyword Report contains the original searched keyword that resulted in the click.
For example: If your ad sells new plasma tvs and you have specified "plasma tv" as a keyword, by specifying "used" as a negative keyword you can prevent your ad from being shown when searches are made on "used plasma tv".
You can specify negative keywords at the following levels:
- Account Level - Negative keywords will apply to all campaigns within your advertising account. For example, if none of your campaigns promote "free" products, you can add the negative keyword "free" at the Account Level and it will apply to all of your campaigns.
- Campaign Level - Negative keywords will apply only to the campaign in which they are specified.
Limits - In order for the 7Search system to be able to deliver ads within fractions of a second, advertisers will have a limit of 100 negative keywords per account and 100 negative keywords per each campaign.
Additionally, when a search is made on a longer search phrase (typically more than 4 - 5 words), the negative keyword function may be unable to check each of the words in the phrase against the negative keyword list. This, however, should happen very infrequently.
You can define your negative keywords by clicking on the "Negative Keywords" link in the blue bar on the Campaigns tab.
*Note* on Negative keywords & Click-Free (cf) keywords - Negative keywords apply only when a [keyword] search has been performed. Since cf keywords are based on direct links and are NOT search based, their results are not affected by negative keywords.
Tags: negative keywords
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click Fraud?
- Why is my advertiser account ON HOLD?
- What Type of Keywords will be Mapped?
- How do I modify my default URL information?
- Why do I need an Authorization Form?
37556/18%Last update: 2013-03-19 20:05
Author: 7Search Client Support
You cannot comment on this entry