- I cannot login. What do I do? (287827 views)
- 7Search Advertising Rules and Guidelines (229776 views)
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click ... (205380 views)
- PPC Optimization Guidelines (155076 views)
- What Are The Available Match Types? (148526 views)
- What is the Network Bid? (139381 views)
- What is the ###KEYWORD### variable? How can I use ... (123368 views)
- 7Search Affiliate Program Rules and Guidelines (117659 views)
- How do I Update Bids on Existing Keywords? (113316 views)
- How to remove all sites listed in the Restricted ... (107166 views)
- 7Search Advertising Rules and Guidelines (2017-01-31 20:18)
- How Does Click-Free Direct™ Navigation Traffic Differ From Traditional ... (2016-09-08 14:26)
- What is a Desktop Search Ad? (2016-09-08 14:25)
- What are Mobile Search Ads? (2016-09-07 22:06)
- What are Click-Free™ Keywords? (2016-09-06 18:02)
What is a Negative Keyword?
7Search advertisers have an option to match keywords using “Broad”, “Phrase”, and "Exact" matching. Negative keywords help prevent your ad from appearing for search terms that are unrelated to your website. To help you identify which negative keywords to add to your account, the Detailed Keyword Report contains the original searched keyword that resulted in the click.
For example: If your ad sells new plasma tvs and you have specified "plasma tv" as a keyword, by specifying "used" as a negative keyword you can prevent your ad from being shown when searches are made on "used plasma tv".
You can specify negative keywords at the following levels:
- Account Level - Negative keywords will apply to all campaigns within your advertising account. For example, if none of your campaigns promote "free" products, you can add the negative keyword "free" at the Account Level and it will apply to all of your campaigns.
- Campaign Level - Negative keywords will apply only to the campaign in which they are specified.
Limits - In order for the 7Search system to be able to deliver ads within fractions of a second, advertisers will have a limit of 100 negative keywords per account and 100 negative keywords per each campaign.
Additionally, when a search is made on a longer search phrase (typically more than 4 - 5 words), the negative keyword function may be unable to check each of the words in the phrase against the negative keyword list. This, however, should happen very infrequently.
You can define your negative keywords by clicking on the "Negative Keywords" link in the blue bar on the Campaigns tab.
*Note* on Negative keywords & Click-Free (cf) keywords - Negative keywords apply only when a [keyword] search has been performed. Since cf keywords are based on direct links and are NOT search based, their results are not affected by negative keywords.
Tags: negative keywords
- How does 7Search protect me (the advertiser) against Click Fraud?
- Why is my advertiser account ON HOLD?
- What Type of Keywords will be Mapped?
- How do I modify my default URL information?
- Why do I need an Authorization Form?
43523/15%Last update: 2013-03-19 20:05
Author: 7Search Client Support
You cannot comment on this entry